Sunday, August 07, 2011

interchangeable

The weather has been marginally more tolerable lately. It is still about 30 degrees hotter than my comfort zone but at least it no longer feels like I'm stepping into the fires of Mordor whenever I leave my apartment.

Still, the heat makes me do things I normally wouldn't, like show my bra in public. I should care more but I really don't. It must seem strange to some of you to hear an East Coaster complain about the weather. It's not so much the temperature (although it has been hovering above 90F for most of August) as it is the high humidity. I'll take dry heat over humid heat any day. It's the humidity than really makes you sweat. It's actually cooler out on the West Coast most days.


Rick Owens jersey skirt // James Perse ribbed tank // Urban Outfitters bra //
Chanel sandals // Hermes cuff // Gucci lizard band watch

If I had known how often I would wear this tank I would have purchased multiples. I'm always hand-washing it so that I can wear it on consecutive days without doing a full load of laundry. Same with the pants, actually. I have been living in them this summer. The perfect slouchy pant.

(same as above) // Balenciaga trousers // Chanel t-strap flats






9 comments:

  1. I love when bras peek through white tops! That one is so pretty, can't believe it's UO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looks! Love those pants!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great outfits! Completely agree about the humidity thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so with you on the humidity. It makes hot days absolutely unbearable. You make an exposed bra look really, really good. And chic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As long as your bra isn't old and ratty, I saw show it! Heck, most bras have more coverage than bikinis these days and we all wear those in public, no?

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, humidity makes you sweat and not to breathe. very weird state.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great outfit!love the pants!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have the coolest hot Summer outfits!
    I've lived in a very humid weather and it's awful to always feel clammy.

    ReplyDelete