Thursday, May 17, 2012

high time

Yves Saint Laurent ruffled cotton top
JBrand high-waist waxed jeans
Giuseppe Zanotti jewelled sandals


I'm no stranger to high-waist bottoms. I've worn wide-leg ones, shorts, and I often hitch my skirts up when I'm too lazy to hem them. High-waist + skinny, however, is a new silhouette for me. The appeal of high-waist pants is that they make your legs look longer, which is true, but I am also more conscious of my hips and I'm always afraid my butt looks long when I wear these. They are a great new addition to my closet though, they were on sale and I realized I actually own a lot of shorter and cropped tops. It's great not having to pull up my pants every five seconds and I love that I don't have to wear a belt! That's one of my peeves with jeans - when they stretch out I have to wear belts and sometimes outfits just look better without.


10 comments:

  1. I can do high and wide, but not high and skinny. But it looks good on you. And those shoes are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The high waist looks good with the shorter length top!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my exact same thoughts about such pants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great to see you posting again! I love high waisted pants in theory but when I wear them they feel so constricting that I end up unhappy all day. Maybe I should just buy the next size up? :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so funny -I used to be such a fan of your style way back in my style diary -days -and for some reason your nick just popped into my mnd now, and now I found your blog! Still you got the best style ever!



    All the best,
    http://www.lily.fi/palsta/lilous-crush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Ah yes, the StyleDiary days! I remember those well.

      Delete
  7. Amazing shirt! Those ruffles are so unique
    xL

    http://themarcystop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome top, love the outfit dear!


    XO J
    PS giveaway on my blog here

    ReplyDelete