Sunday, May 22, 2011

where there's a will there's a way

All you knowledgeable fashionistas will probably recognize this attempt at an Isabel Marant runway look.


For those of you who (like me) do not want to spend $185 on the original Isabel Marant tank, I would suggest searching on eBay for "string vest" (include men's and search worldwide) and make sure you get the 100% cotton ones, not the nylon fishnet. And don't spend more than $10. 

Alternatively, if there's a section in your city populated by Jamaicans, the neighborhood stores there might sell them. Again, don't spend more than $10, $20 tops.


The camisole I am wearing underneath the open-knit tank is awesome - Le Mystere Tisha lace cami. It has a full, built-in underwire bra. It is quite expensive but I highly recommend it. It goes under everything and eliminates the quadruple straps you would have to deal with if you wore both a bra and a camisole.



cotton open-knit tank (eBay.com) // Sara Berman leather pants (theoutnet.com) // Costume National silk blazer (eBay.com) // Christian Louboutin pointed-toe pumps



15 comments:

  1. You nailed the IM runway look. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am speachless! Love you and hate You at the same time:=)
    I heared that IM lookie-like tank You can also get in Zara.Now I wil definitely check it and look for leather pants if You don't mind:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plus I like Your post title. so true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that cami under is perfect, couldn't even tell you were wearing it! hot look <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, very nice. $185 for a tank is almost comical, I remember when I bought my Kain sheer tshirts and thought why am I spending this much money on it?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I swear I saw I blogger make a tank top like that out of a bag! It didn't look as nice as your cotton one, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the leather blazer

    Claire M.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My friend asked me if she should get this the other day and I told her to just go to a sex shop. Your idea is much better. And much less seedy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. those leather pants look so great on you, i find it impossible to find any that fit so well. great suggestions on the mesh tank!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every man I knew growing up had at least one of these lol. I love how fashion transcends culture hahaha. Good reproduction of the IM look!
    You make it look infinitely wearable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks! I wish it was hot enough to go bare legs here but it's so rainy. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol at the "Jamaican" comment. SO TRUE - I first saw these tanks 3 years ago when I was living in Brixton in the UK...ironically in a shop run by Jamaicans.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey! Can you tell me what size of vest are you wearing?
    Thanks!

    lollipopcat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete