Sunday, May 22, 2011

where there's a will there's a way

All you knowledgeable fashionistas will probably recognize this attempt at an Isabel Marant runway look.


For those of you who (like me) do not want to spend $185 on the original Isabel Marant tank, I would suggest searching on eBay for "string vest" (include men's and search worldwide) and make sure you get the 100% cotton ones, not the nylon fishnet. And don't spend more than $10. 

Alternatively, if there's a section in your city populated by Jamaicans, the neighborhood stores there might sell them. Again, don't spend more than $10, $20 tops.


The camisole I am wearing underneath the open-knit tank is awesome - Le Mystere Tisha lace cami. It has a full, built-in underwire bra. It is quite expensive but I highly recommend it. It goes under everything and eliminates the quadruple straps you would have to deal with if you wore both a bra and a camisole.



cotton open-knit tank (eBay.com) // Sara Berman leather pants (theoutnet.com) // Costume National silk blazer (eBay.com) // Christian Louboutin pointed-toe pumps



16 comments:

  1. smart girl. often people cry about low copying high, but they would be surprised just how often high takes things from the low.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You nailed the IM runway look. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am speachless! Love you and hate You at the same time:=)
    I heared that IM lookie-like tank You can also get in Zara.Now I wil definitely check it and look for leather pants if You don't mind:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Plus I like Your post title. so true!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that cami under is perfect, couldn't even tell you were wearing it! hot look <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, very nice. $185 for a tank is almost comical, I remember when I bought my Kain sheer tshirts and thought why am I spending this much money on it?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I swear I saw I blogger make a tank top like that out of a bag! It didn't look as nice as your cotton one, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the leather blazer

    Claire M.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My friend asked me if she should get this the other day and I told her to just go to a sex shop. Your idea is much better. And much less seedy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. those leather pants look so great on you, i find it impossible to find any that fit so well. great suggestions on the mesh tank!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every man I knew growing up had at least one of these lol. I love how fashion transcends culture hahaha. Good reproduction of the IM look!
    You make it look infinitely wearable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks! I wish it was hot enough to go bare legs here but it's so rainy. :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol at the "Jamaican" comment. SO TRUE - I first saw these tanks 3 years ago when I was living in Brixton in the UK...ironically in a shop run by Jamaicans.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey! Can you tell me what size of vest are you wearing?
    Thanks!

    lollipopcat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete