Saturday, November 06, 2010

the ultimate


chanel tweed jacket

chanel camelia

Photobucket

i saw this jacket several months ago at a consignment store. i visited it at least once a month, and every time i walked through the shop door i expected to see it gone from its perch. finally one day i requested to try it on. as soon as i put it on, i understood why no one had bought it. it fit me perfectly, right down to the sleeve length. it was snug around my waist yet fit around my chest without gaping (i found out later that the lining actually has a bit of stretch in it); it was a soft-structured jacket yet the shoulders were sharp. simply put, it was perfect. the way the jacket fit made me feel like it was made especially for me and no one else. needless to say, the jacket left its perch at the shop and came home with me that day.


chanel jacket


10 comments:

  1. Best purchase ever!!! It's amazing!!! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True Pret a Porter....It was meant to be. I think of it that way too. When I see something that I really like yet at the time I may not be able to afford it.Or may not be the right time. I feel like the object of my desire is just sitting there winking at me and saying " One day I'll get to go home with you" One day. Nice find @//*_*\\@

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Pret :) It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That jacket is indeed made for you. That is not to say that I would not be tempted to steal it if I was nearby and it was hanging by your side...

    PS haha yes I rarely update my information, I'll change your blog name to res pulchrae now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really is meant to be! What an amazing find. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh I love it when the stars align and you end up with either the exact thing you were looking for or in this case something that feels like it was clothed and created just for you. was def. meant to be. good times!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a beautiful piece! great choice:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never comment but I always admire! And I live in philly and must know the consignment store where you found the jacket!! We are different sizes so I promise it won't become a competition :)

    ReplyDelete